We're thrilled that you've begun your number search with NumberBarn. That means you're ready to make your business stand out with the perfect, memorable phone number! But can you actually buy the new number you've been dreaming of? This article will walk you through the steps to find and purchase a new vanity phone number.
Step 1: Search our marketplace for your dream number
The following article will show you how to narrow down our millions of available local and toll-free numbers to find the one that's just right for you: How to Find the Perfect Telephone Number
Is your dream number a little bit outside your budget? Check out this article to learn what your options are: I’m interested in a new telephone number. Are you willing to negotiate on price?
Step 2: Check out
After you find the perfect number, you'll need to buy it!
- Click the orange "ADD TO CART" button to, well, add the number to your cart. Phone numbers will only stay active in your cart for 30 minutes.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click the "Cart" button in the top right corner.
- Choose your plan. Even if you're going to port your new number to your preferred carrier immediately, you'll still need to choose a plan to keep it active until it ports away. Check out our NumberBarn pricing and plans here and NumberGarage pricing and plans here to find the best plan for you.
- Input your contact information to create your account.
- Input your payment information and check out. IMPORTANT: We will not charge your card until after your phone number becomes active in your account.
Step 3: Wait for your number to activate
How long is that going to take? In your NumberBarn or NumberGarage account, click on the Numbers tab. Then click on your number to see the activation timeframe. For more information on how activation works, click here.
Step 4: Make the most of your number
- Configure Your Number - If you haven't already, set up your number's outgoing message, call forwarding, and text messaging to begin using it. This article will help you log in to your account.
- Place a Test Call - Call your number to verify it is working as you expected. If you are using call forwarding, be sure to call from a number other than the one we are forwarding calls to.
- Try Text Messaging - Text messages are sent to your account inbox. You can access them from the Messages tab in your online account or our mobile app. Note: text messaging can take an hour to activate.
- Porting Away? - Yes! We're happy to help you port your number to a new carrier. This article walks you through the port away process.