You know you need to purchase a new number to make your business stand out in the minds of potential customers, but how does buying a number actually work?
This guide will walk you through every step.
Step One: Find a Number that Sparkles
The following article will teach you how to use our powerful search tools to find the perfect number(s) for your business or personal line:
Step Two: Add to Cart
In NumberBarn's marketplace, each number will have some combination of the 4 different options:
- ADD TO CART: This orange button means you can add the number directly to your cart. Click the button and go to step three.
- START LICENSE: This blue button means you can add the number directly to your cart, but you won't own the number. You'll be licensing it. Check out this article for more about licensed numbers: How does licensing a phone number work? Then, go to step three.
- CONTACT AGENT: This orange button will prompt you to fill out a "Request to License" or "Request to Purchase" form. Fill it out, and one of our sales agents will give you a call to discuss your request.
- MAKE AN OFFER: This blue button is visible on marketplace numbers with negotiable pricing. Learn more: How does the "Make An Offer" button work?
Step Three: Check Out
Once your number is in your cart, click on the cart icon in the top right corner of the screen to check out. Even if you're planning to port your number out to a new provider right away, you'll need to choose a service plan to keep it active until it ports out. Click here to learn about our plans and pricing.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you're filling out your account and payment information:
- The credit card you enter at checkout will be kept on file and used to auto pay your monthly bill as long as your number is in your account.
- Depending on the number(s) you chose, it can take anywhere from a few hours to 10 business days to become active in your account. Please do not purchase marketing materials before the number becomes active in your account.
- You will not be charged for your new number until it activates.