You may be wondering, Why do people hear "This number is parked at NumberBarn ..."when they call my new number?
Parking is a service that NumberBarn provides to hold your number in an active status. This is a critical point about number ownership. You do own your number as long as you keep it active and our Parking plan is a low-cost way to keep it active. Read more here.
The cost for parking is $2/month.
You can see our pricing below: https://www.numberbarn.com/pricing
If you port a number in so that you can park it with NumberBarn, you will pay a one time $5 port-in fee.
- A 30-second recording that greets your incoming callers.
- SMS (sending and receiving)for US and Canadian local numbers.
- Access to logs to see who is calling.
- The ability to port your number away to a new service provider.
Parking does not include:
- Call forwarding (By default, inbound callers will hear an outgoing message that says your number is parked at NumberBarn. You can also upload a custom 30-second outgoing message.)
- Outbound calling
- Step by Step Guide: How to Purchase & Park a Number
- Step by Step Guide: How to Port and Park Your Phone Number
- I'm porting away. Do I need to select a monthly plan?
How long can I park my number for?
Great news! There's no time limit on number parking. You can park your number with NumberBarn for as long as you'd like. Just be sure to keep your credit card and email address current on your account so you never miss a notification that could lead to interrupted service.
It's also a great idea to whitelist "email@example.com" in your email spam filters so you never miss an update!