Before you do the following, be sure that you are using the Forward or Unlimited plan. If you are using the Park plan click here to learn how to change your plan.
Here's how to set up call forwarding on your NumberBarn phone number:
- Login to your account
- Select Numbers from the navigation bar
- Select on your number
- Select Calls
- Locate Send all calls to a: Forward
- Enter the toll-free number or 10-digit US or Canadian local number you'd like your calls forwarded to*
- Select Save Changes
You then have message options for your incoming calls:
- Select the Messages tab
- Click on the drop-down menu for Ring my phone, then send calls to VM after
- Choose option:
- Never - VM off- Voicemail is off and calls will route to the voicemail of the number to which you are forwarding. Note this does not disable SMS for your number.
- Immediately- This will send callers immediately to the NumberBarn voicemail.
- Seconds- Select a set amount of seconds to ring to your forwarding number. After that time period, if there is no answer, we will forward that call to NumberBarn voicemail.
- Select Save Changes
- Be sure to test the number of seconds to ring based on your existing voicemail service. For example: If you are forwarding to your cell phone, 30 seconds may be too long and your cell phone's voicemail will capture the call before we can send it to your NumberBarn voicemail.
Any calls to your NumberBarn number are transparently forwarded to your number of choice.
You can update your forwarding number as often as you like within your account control panel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Changes are free and instantly activated.
Please note: If you have a new number order that has not yet been activated, you have not yet authorized your transfer, or if your request has an error or problem, you will be able to set your forwarding phone number until the number is activated.
*Looking to forward calls to an international number? Learn more about international call forwarding in this article.
Test a new call forwarding phone number: Check out our how-to here.
Having trouble with your call forwarding? This article may help: Why aren't calls being forwarded to my outside number?
Need to upgrade your parked number to the Forward plan? Check out this article: Change my plan
Article is closed for comments.