In this article, you'll learn about the taxes and fees our services are subject to, how to estimate the taxes and fees for your account, how to view the taxes and fees you've already paid, and how to request tax exemption as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
As a telecommunications service provider, NumberBarn and NumberGarage services are subject to taxes and regulatory fees as mandated by federal, state, and local governments.
These fees may include:
- The Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee imposed by the FCC
- The Federal Cost Recovery Charge covers the cost associated with federal and state regulatory compliance. Components of the Federal Cost Recovery Charge include:
- Federal Regulatory Fee
- Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) Fee
- North American Numbering Plan Fee
- Support for Local Number Portability Administration.
- City, county, and/or state sales tax
- e911 fee - learn more about e911 and why you may be subject to this fee.
These charges are subject to change from time to time as the cost of these programs and the associated governmental fees change. These taxes and fees will differ based on a couple of factors including:
- The particular zip code or postal cost you reside in. Our system will allow you to submit your 9-digit zip code which, in some cases might subject you to a different set of taxes than a 5-digit zip code.
- The nature of the service you are using. For example, accounts with two-way communication may have different taxes and fees than the NumberBarn Park plan or set up fees.
Estimated tax and fees
When you sign up for service, before completing the sign-up process, you will see a very accurate estimate of the taxes and fees you'll be subject to.
Not this screen:
Viewing your taxes and fees
You can view your taxes and fees on each invoice within your account.
To view taxes:
- Login to your account
- Select Account from the navigation bar
- Select Billing
- Select your invoice dates from the drop-down menu
- Select the View link next to Taxes and Fees to display the taxes
Are you a nonprofit organization and believe that you are exempt from certain taxes and fees? We will definitely need the following documentation for our records:
- 501(c) filing
- Proof of your state filing
- Specific documentation that proves which taxes you are exempt from
Contact customer support and send over these documents and we can work with you to apply the proper exemptions to your account.