Sending and receiving SMS text messages is done when logged in to your NumberBarn account via your computer or mobile device. Learn more about sending and receiving text messages using our mobile application look at this article:
Sending Text Messages
- To send a text message, log in to your NumberBarn account via your computer, SmartPhone browser, or the NumberBarn Classic app.
- Select the Messages icon from the navigation bar.
- Be sure that text messaging is active for your number. Refer to this article to learn how to activate it: How to Activate or Deactivate SMS
- Select the number from which you will be sending a message. If you have multiple numbers in your account, they will appear in the Conversations drop-down menu. **Note you cannot send messages from toll-free numbers at this time, but we are able to offer this service through NumberGarage. Learn more.
- Select the Start New Message icon to the right.
- Enter the phone number of the party to which you'll be sending your message. Or click the address book icon to select a number from your contacts.
- Type your message and click the icon to add attachments.
- When complete, click the Send Message button .
Receiving Text Messages
Text messages will arrive in the Messages section for your NumberBarn account.
To read and reply to a message:
- Login to your NumberBarn account and select Messages from the navigation bar.
- Select your desired message to open.
- Type your reply into the message text field.
- Click send to send your reply.
- NumberBarn will NOT send text messages to an international phone number.
- NumberBarn will NOT accept text messages from an international phone number.
- Text messages sent to mobile numbers will be delivered in the same way that they receive other text messages on the native messaging app on their device. If sent to an iPhone user/device, the messages will appear green in the same way that other non-iPhone messages do.