Groups allow you to forward incoming calls to multiple users at the same time. The first user to answer the call must then press one to receive the call and stop the ringing on other users' forwarding numbers. When a call is forwarded to a group:
- Each group member's forwarding number will be rung, simultaneously, until a group member answers.
- Answering members will be played a short audio message letting them know the call is from NumberGarage and instruct them to press "1" to accept the call.
- If the member presses "1", the call is connected and all other members will be disconnected.
- If the member hangs up without pressing "1", the call will continue to ring for all other group members.
- If no member accepts the call, it will be routed to voicemail for the NumberGarage phone number that was dialed.
To learn how to send calls to a group, check out the following article:
Why are group calls disconnecting before I can answer them?
This is a pretty good indication that your ring time for the users in your group is set too low. If you've got it set to 15 seconds, try bumping that up to 20 or more and see if you get a better result. The calls will stop ringing for each user in the group based on their preset ring time. Learn more about your user call forwarding settings in the following article.