There are a number of scenarios where the call back method might not work properly when placing outbound calls using the NumberBarn dialer. It's a great idea to go through our guide for Placing outbound calls using the call back method to make sure you fully understand the functionality.
In this article, we will log various issues that arise when attempting to place outbound calls with the call back method.
Scenario: My phone never rings but the number I am dialing rings. When they answer, they hear my cell phone voicemail greeting and are prompted to leave a message.
If you enter a telephone number and click the Call button but find that your phone never rings, your next step is to contact the desired recipient of the call and find out what they heard on their end. It's likely that their phone rang and when they answered, they immediately heard your voicemail greeting and were prompted to leave a voicemail.
There are three possible reasons for this:
- Your mobile phone is in an area with a poor cellular signal, causing the call from NumberBarn to immediately route to your cell phone voicemail. You will need to move to an area with a better signal and try again. Or you might consider placing the call in VoIP mode from a web browser instead if your internet connection is strong.
- Your phone is on do not disturb or something similar, causing the call to also immediately route to voicemail. Turn off do not disturb and try again.
- The NumberBarn number you are attempting to call from has been blocked in your cell phone. If you are an iPhone user, use the following steps to unblock that caller:
- Go to Settings > Phone on your iPhone
- Click on Blocked Contacts
- Locate your telephone number and swipe left on that entry
- Click on the Unblock button that appears
Please sign in to leave a comment.