You are looking to place outbound calls and receive inbound calls using the new NumberBarn mobile application. Your first step is to download the latest version of our mobile application. This article guides you to the appropriate links:
How to download the NumberBarn Mobile Application
Once downloaded, log in to the app, and this article will guide you through the calling features.
Placing outbound calls using the dialer
Here are the steps to place an outbound call using the NumberBarn app.
- Tap the Calls icon
- Tap the Dialer icon. Note that this icon also appears in the Voicemail section of the app. You are now in the dialer.
- Before you dial a number, check your settings by clicking on Settings . Here you will be prompted to select your dialer mode. There are two modes to choose from:
- Call Back - You will be prompted to enter a cell phone or landline telephone number. In this mode, when you dial a number, that cell phone or landline number will ring. Once you answer your phone, you will be connected with the number you are trying to call. Pro Tip: Use this setting when you have strong cell service but NOT a strong internet connection.
- VoIP - Your outbound call will be placed directly through the app without the involvement of another telephone number. Pro Tip: Use this setting when you have a strong internet connection for a more seamless outbound calling experience.
- Learn more about these outbound calling modes here: Placing Outbound Call Using the NumberBarn Mobile Application
- Having trouble with VoIP mode? Check out the following article: Why doesn't VoIP calling mode work on the NumberBarn mobile app?
- Once your dialer settings are set, return to the dialer. From there you can select the telephone number you want to call from, if you have more than one.
- Then you can enter the telephone number you wish to dial and tap to green button to place the call.
- If you're in VoIP mode, you should hear ringing fairly soon thereafter. If you're in callback mode, your phone will first ring and when you answer, you will be connected with the number you wish to call.
- Once you are on the call, notice the icons available for you to use:
- DIALER (for menu options)
- SPEAKER (this will be highlighted white when in use)
Placing outbound calls from contacts
If you want to call to one of your saved contacts, this process is slightly different.
- Tap on Contacts
- Find the contact you wish to call and click on it
- Tap on the Call button
- That number will then populate in the dialer where you can tap to green button to place the call.
Receiving inbound calls
Inbound calls to your NumberBarn number are routed based on the call settings within your account. Note that we currently do not offer a way to ring inbound calls directly to the mobile application, but if you are using the Forward or Unlimited plan, you can definitely forward calls to your mobile telephone number. If you are currently using the Park plan, you may want to consider changing your plan and upgrading to the Forward or Unlimited plan which would allow you to receive incoming calls.
We do provide you with a convenient way to edit your call settings directly in the mobile application. To do so:
- Tap on the Menu
- Tap on Numbers
- From here, you can click on a particular number and edit the settings for that number.
To learn more about your various inbound call options, check out some of the following articles:
How to forward calls to another number
Please sign in to leave a comment.