Note: The above video only mentions NumberBarn but applies equally to NumberGarage.
Yes, you own your phone number. Please read more details on how this works below.
Here’s an overview of the process:
- You find your dream number. (Start your search here, NumberBarn Marketplace or NumberGarage Marketplace)
- You make your purchase. (We don’t charge you until your number is active)
- You select a plan to keep your number active. (Even if your number is here temporarily, you’ll still need a plan)
- We activate the number. (This can take anywhere from 3 hours to 7 days)
- We place the number in your account. (We’ll email you when your number is ready)
What you’ll need to do:
- Keep your number active. (Do not delete your number)
- Keep your account active. (Pay your balance each month)
If you’re planning to transfer your number away:
- Wait until your number is activated. (This can take anywhere from 3 hours to 7 days. We’ll email you when your number is ready. If you port your number before it is active, it will not go through)
- Keep your account active. (Pay your balance for your service. Numbers from suspended accounts cannot be ported away)
- Keep your number active. (Do not delete your number until your number has ported away)
- Contact your new service provider to initiate the request. (They will help you with this process)
To learn more, visit:
Article is closed for comments.