You are looking to transfer ownership of a number to another person.
Please note that a number must be active in the account in order to perform an ownership transfer. This means that it won't work if it's a pending port-in.
You have the ability to initiate ownership transfers within your own account without contacting customer support. Here are the steps to do so.
- Login to the current account holding the number
- Select Numbers
- Select on the number
- Select Options
- Select Ownership Transfer
- If transferring multiple numbers
- Click Transferring multiple numbers?
- Then input the numbers you wish to transfer separated either by commas or by hitting enter after each number.
- Enter the new owner’s name
- Enter the new owner’s email address on the new account. This may be an email address tied to an existing NumberBarn or NumberGarage customer or a brand-new email address. If there isn't already an account in our system tied to that email address, our system will create a new account.
- The Message field is optional. You can leave this blank
- Select who will pay the $3 one-time ownership transfer fee from the dropdown. You can select New Owner Pays Transfer Fee or I Will Pay Transfer Fee
- Select Send Transfer Notice
An email will be sent to the new owner and they will be prompted to accept the transfer the next time they log in.