How to Port a Number Away
Step 1: Porting Away Information
The porting away details for your numbers can be found within your account. You can obtain your account details (account number and PIN) for porting your number away from within your NumberBarn account.
- Select Numbers from the navigation bar
- Select your number from the list
- Select Options
- Select Porting Information
Your account information to give to your desired service provider will display.
Keep your number active in your account for the duration of the port.
Step 2: Contact your desired service provider
Contact your desired service provider and tell them you'd like to port to their system, and provide them with the porting away details.
Keep your number active with NumberBarn throughout the entire porting process, until your number is active with your desired service provider.
It takes 3-7 business days, up to 10 business days, to port your number away.
Step 3: Watch for Notifications
NumberBarn will email porting away notifications to the administrative email address on file in your account.
- Rejections: If your number port is rejected, we'll email you.
- Approvals: When your number has been approved for porting, we'll let you know.
- Completed: When your number port completes to your desired service provider, we will notify you and remove the number from your account.
Remember to keep your number active in your account for the duration of the port.