World, here you come! But, don’t miss a phone call from folks back home.
Forward your phone calls from your US or Canadian local number to your international cell or landline phone.
This Step by Step Guide will walk you through the how to and how much to port your phone number to NumberBarn and forward calls to your International phone number. No passport required!
What is porting?
Porting means transferring your phone number from one service provider to another. Let’s say your number is with Tomato Wireless. You will port your active number from Tomato Wireless to NumberBarn. The number will eventually no longer be with Tomato Wireless and you’ll no longer pay them for service. Instead, you’ll pay NumberBarn. This process takes anywhere from 3-10 business days.
What is call forwarding?
Call Forwarding means that you’ll take one phone number and forward it transparently to another active phone number, such as your cell phone.
Call Forwarding plans include features such as:
Note that our service does not support the use of:
- SIP Trunking
- Spamming or blasting
- Bulk call in lines
- Predictative dialing
For more specifics, please view our Terms of Service Use Policies.
How much does it cost?
Call Forwarding plans are broken down by minutes per month.
An incoming call will use minutes from your plan.
Voicemail left on your NumberBarn number will use minutes from your plan.
Call Forwarding Plan Fees
Consider for a moment how many calls you’ll get every month.
Then, select a Call Forwarding plan that fits your usage needs:
- 300 minutes of call forwarding for $6/month + tax
- Unlimited minutes of call forwarding for $19/month + tax
International Call Forwarding Fees
Determine any additional International Call Forwarding rates by searching the phone number or country here:
The rates on the page above will be the per-minute, per-call rates you’ll pay, in addition to your base Call Forwarding plan.
There is a one time $5 fee to port a number from an outside provider to NumberBarn.
How to set this up
- Start here: https://www.numberbarn.com
- Select Transfer a Number.
- Select Start a Transfer/Port.
- Enter the phone number you would like to port.
- Select the Check button.
We check to make sure we can support the city and state of your number on our network.
When you select the Check button, we do not check:
- If your number is active
- If your number is portable
- If you have any contractual obligations or service bundles on your account
The items above are your responsibility to verify, as a phone number owner. If you’re not sure, you’ll want to check with your current service provider.
- If you see the green checkmark, great! You can begin your port request to NumberBarn.
- If you see a red box, it means we do not support your area yet. We might be able to make some magic happen. Please reach out to our customer support for assistance.
For those with a green checkmark, please continue to read ahead for the next steps:
- Select the Get Started button to go to the next step.
- Select a Call Forwarding plan.
- Select Next Step.
- Enter the contact information that is on file with your current provider. Note the information on this page must match what is currently on file with your existing provider.
- Enter the email address to place on file in your new account. Note the email you enter here will also be the login to your account and the email on file for notifications.
- Enter a password. Passwords must be at least 6 characters and contain at least one letter and one number.
- A green checkmark mean your information fits into our text fields. If you see a red checkmark, it means there is an error with your information.
- Select Next Step.
- If the number you are porting is a wireless number, enter your account number and PIN.
- Select Next Step.
- Note the account number and PIN are required by your current service provider to port away and only used for internal purposes. They will not be stored on your NumberBarn account.
- Enter your payment information.
- We will bill you when your number port completes to your account and then on a monthly basis around that same date every month.
- Select Review My Order.
- If you need to make any changes, select edit.
- If everything looks good, select Place My Order.
Authorize your port request
Congrats! You have successfully initiated your port request.
Now, you must verify your number and authorize the port. This tells us that you are the rightful owner of the phone number and gives us permission to submit your port to your current provider for review.
Here’s how to make that happen:
Porting status updates
After you have authorized your number port, we send the port request to your current provider for review.
- Do not cancel your number with your current service provider.
- When they approve the port, we’ll notify you via email of the date in which it is scheduled to port.
- If the port is rejected, we’ll notify you via email and let you know why.
- Porting takes anywhere from 3-10 business days to complete.
Set up call forwarding to your international number
While your port is in progress, you can request the international call forwarding. Here’s how:
Send an email to the NumberBarn customer support team here:
In your email, include:
- The number you are porting to NumberBarn
- The international number to which you’d like to forward
Within 24 business hours, if not sooner, NumberBarn will enable the International Call Forwarding on your account.
NOTE: The call forwarding will not actually work until your number ports to us.
Porting status updates
When your port request is approved:
- We email you to confirm the scheduled date of porting. The subject line of this email will be, “Transfer Approved: (xxx) xxx-xxxx“.
- On that date, we will email you to let you know your number has activated. The subject line of this email will be, “Transfer Complete: (xxx) xxx-xxxx“.
- All support notifications come from our address of “email@example.com“.
- On the date in which your number ports to us, is will then be safe to cancel your account with your existing provider.
- You must contact your service provider to cancel your account. We do not cancel accounts with other service providers on your behalf.