How exciting that you're traveling or possibly moving permanently to another country! You've come to the right place. We help tons of customers in the United States and Canada port their mobile or landline telephone numbers to NumberBarn so they can:
- Keep their number
- Continue to receive calls and text messages on their number
- Save significant money on their cell phone plan.
Here are some things to consider as you make this move:
- Timing your port request just right. We understand that you want to maintain your mobile phone service up until the day you leave and then begin your NumberBarn service on the very next day. Given that porting can take 3-10 business days, it can be tricky but we can do our very best to work with you to get the timing right. Be sure to review this article in our help center:
Can I schedule a port in on a specific date?
If possible, we recommend starting early so you're not fussing with the porting process after your trip has begun.
- Which plan should you choose? We do have a few plans to choose from and you can review them here. Here are a few things you may want to consider:
Use the Park Plan if...
-You simply want to keep the number and don't care about any calling features.
-You want to be able to send and receive text messages on the number
-You're alright with callers hearing a custom recording when they call your number.
Use the Forward Plan if...
-You want callers to be able to leave a voicemail.
-You want calls to be forwarded to your international telephone number.
-You want the ability to place outbound calls using an internet connection from your number.
-You only need 300 minutes of calling on your number each month.
-You can also send and receive text messages on this plan.
Use the Unlimited Plan if...
-You want all of the features of the Forward plan but you need more than 300 minutes of calling in a month.
Worried that you didn't select the right plan? You upgrade or downgrade at any time. And let's face it, none of our prices will break the bank.
- What are the rates to forward calls to that international number? If you're convinced that you want to have calls forwarded to your international number. The following article will help you understand the exact rate per minute that you'll be billed when calls are forwarded to that international number.
What are your rates to forward calls to my international number?
We're so excited about your trip and genuinely hope it's a wonderful experience. If you have any additional questions not addressed in this article, please contact our customer support team.
When you return from your trip, we're also happy to help you port that number back to your carrier of choice. Be sure to check out our process for porting a number out: